Here’s the weather outlook for India:
Wednesday (November 23)
- Fairly widespread rain and thunderstorms may occur over Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Scattered showers and thunderstorms are likely over Rayalaseema, Tamil Nadu, Puducherry, Karaikal and South Interior Karnataka.
- Isolated rainfall with a chance of lightning is expected over Coastal Andhra Pradesh, Yanam, Telangana, Coastal and North Interior Karnataka, Kerala and Mahe.
- Air quality is likely to be ‘very poor’ in Northern India and ‘poor’ in Central, Eastern, Western, and Southern India.
Thursday (November 24)
- Fairly widespread rain and thunderstorms are possible over Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Scattered showers accompanied by thunderstorms are expected over South Interior Karnataka, Kerala, Mahe and Lakshadweep.
- Isolated rainfall with a chance of lightning is likely over Coastal Andhra Pradesh, Yanam, Rayalaseema, Tamil Nadu, Puducherry, Karaikal, Telangana, Coastal and North Interior Karnataka.
- Poor air quality will prevail over Northern, Central, Eastern, Western, and Southern India.
5-day nationwide forecast
A low-pressure area over the southwest Bay of Bengal off the Andhra Pradesh – North Tamil Nadu coasts is likely to move westwards and approach the South Andhra Pradesh coast to Tamil Nadu – Puducherry coasts slowly as it weakens further.
Under the influence of this system, scattered to fairly widespread rainfall is forecast over South peninsular India. Light to moderate rain at a few places may occur over North Tamil Nadu-Puducherry, South Coastal Andhra Pradesh and Rayalaseema on November 23.
Meanwhile, a fresh Cyclonic Circulation is likely to form over the North Andaman Sea around Thursday, November 24, which is expected to affect the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
As per the mercury levels, maximum temperatures are forecast to be slightly below normal in some North Peninsular India and close to normal in other areas during the projection period. Overnight minimums are predicted to be higher than normal across South Peninsular India while slightly below normal in northern half of the country.
For weather, science, space, and COVID-19 updates on the go, download The Weather Channel App (on Android and iOS store). It’s free!