Here’s our latest weather outlook for India
5-Day Nationwide Forecast
As per the India Meteorological Department (IMD), the monsoon trough lies to the north of its normal position. Meanwhile, the western end of the monsoon trough is very likely to remain north of its normal position during the next 5 days. However, its eastern end is expected to shift gradually southwards from August 15 onwards.
A cyclonic circulation is present at the centre of coastal Odisha. Therefore, significant rainfall is expected over parts of the Northeast located on the northeastern rim of the system due to hot and humid southerly winds blowing from the Bay of Bengal. Heavy rain is expected over Arunachal Pradesh until Monday dawn and over parts of north West Bengal on Monday and Tuesday.
As per IMD, a cyclonic circulation lies over west Bihar and neighbourhood at lower tropospheric levels. It is likely to persist during the next 24 hours and become less marked. Therefore, fairly widespread to widespread rainfall with isolated heavy falls is likely to continue over east Uttar Pradesh and Bihar during August 13 and 14, further reduction is possible after these days.
Scattered to fairly widespread rainfall is expected over parts of the Western Himalayan Region during the next five days. Parts of Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand are expected to witness isolated heavy rainfall between August 13 to 15.
Parts of Odisha, Coastal Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Vidarbha, and Chhattisgarh are likely to witness fairly widespread rainfall activity. This is due to the likely formation of a cyclonic circulation over west-central and adjoining northwest Bay of Bengal around August 15 and the subsequent formation of a low-pressure area during the next 48 hours. Moreover, isolated heavy to very heavy falls are possible over Odisha from August 15 to 17 and isolated heavy falls over Coastal Andhra Pradesh during these days.
As for the mercury levels, both daytime and nighttime temperatures are noted to be higher than normal over much of the Western Himalayan region, southern Sikkim and Arunachal Pradesh until the end of August.
2-Day Regional Forecast
- Scattered thunderstorms are possible over plains of North India, east Uttar Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, much of the East, west part of the Northeast and southern Andhra Pradesh.
- Very heavy rain is expected in Arunachal Pradesh. Heavy rain is possible over the area between West Bengal and Assam, also southern Meghalaya.
- In the morning, dense fog is possible over Jammu.
- Scattered thunderstorms are likely over plains of the North, east Uttar Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, west part of the Northeast and southern Andhra Pradesh.
- Heavy rain is expected in Arunachal Pradesh and the west part of Assam.
For weather, science, and COVID-19 updates on the go, download The Weather Channel App (on Android and iOS store). It’s free!