Here’s our latest weather outlook for India
5-Day Nationwide Forecast
A cyclonic circulation located over Madhya Pradesh contributes to persistent rainfall across western Uttar Pradesh, Delhi, and the adjoining states of Haryana and Uttarakhand on Saturday. Some heavy spells of rain and thunderstorms are also likely in the region. Accordingly, the India Meteorological Department (IMD) has placed all these subdivisions under an orange alert for Saturday, which urges residents to ‘be prepared’ for adverse weather conditions.
The western end of the monsoon trough is near its normal position, but the eastern end positions further south than usual. As the eastern end gradually moves up northward, rainfall in Northeastern India will intensify next week. For the next five days, Sub-Himalayan West Bengal, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, and Meghalaya, are likely to experience over 200 mm of rainfall.
Meanwhile, intensified monsoonal rains are expected over Mumbai and the surrounding areas until Saturday, abating only by Sunday. Rajasthan and Gujarat may witness subdued monsoon activity as the rains eastward for the first half of next week.
The maximum temperatures will likely be 2°C to 8°C lower than normal across Punjab and Haryana until Monday, while hotter than normal temperatures are expected across the southwestern peninsula for the next five days. Overnight minimums will be above normal across the Himalayan region for the next five days.
2-Day Regional Forecast
- Widespread rains with isolated heavy downpours and thunderstorms likely over Rajasthan, coastal Maharashtra, Gujarat, western Madhya Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, western Uttar Pradesh, Sub-Himalayan West Bengal, and Arunachal Pradesh.
- Scattered rains and thunderstorms are suspected over Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, eastern Uttar Pradesh, Sikkim, Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, eastern Madhya Pradesh, inland Maharashtra, Bihar, Jharkhand, Gangetic-West Bengal, Chhattisgarh, Odisha, Goa, Karnataka, Kerala, Telangana, Arunachal Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, and Andaman & Nicobar Islands. Snow may mix in Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, and Sikkim.
- Isolated rains and thunderstorms are forecast over Lakshadweep while isolated snow/rain and thunderstorms are expected over Ladakh.
- The maximum temperatures are likely to cross 40°C in western Rajasthan.
- Widespread rains with isolated heavy rains and thunderstorms are forecast over Arunachal Pradesh and Sub-Himalayan West Bengal.
- Meanwhile, scattered rains and thunderstorms are expected in Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Sikkim, Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Bihar, Goa, Karnataka, Telangana, Arunachal Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, and Lakshadweep. Snow may mix in Uttarakhand and Sikkim.
- Isolated rains and thunderstorms are likely over Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, Odisha, Gangetic-West Bengal, Kerala, Ladakh. Ladakh may experience isolated snowfall too.
- The maximum temperatures are likely to go above 4°C in western Rajasthan.
For weather, science, and COVID-19 updates on the go, download The Weather Channel App (on Android and iOS store). It’s free!